Upcoming exhibits at Thoughtful Hands
Please stay tuned...
Due to the organization’s mission of environmental education, the artists’ materials and processes used must be in agreement.
- Open to all fine art and fine craft media- 2D and 3D
- Work may not require electricity or batteries.
- Up to 3 works may be submitted per applicant
- Artworks must incorporate:
- at least 75% up-cycled materials normally destined for the landfill OR
- use natural, biodegradable materials OR
- be created for disassembly with all components capable of being recycled
- One written paragraph, no longer than 150 words, explaining the works’ materials and processes and how they are sustainable
- One written paragraph, no longer than 150 words, explaining the impact of the artist’s materials and processes on the environment (all making leaves some sort of footprint so be honest)
- Artworks MUST be no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” No exceptions as the trailer is a small space
- Please indicate in application the price of the artwork. Thoughtful Hands receives 30% from all sales.
- All 2D work must be ready to hang
- All work must require NO special installation needs
- Artwork must be appropriate for the general public including young audiences
- Work will NOT be shown in a climate controlled setting. If it would do well in an outdoor art fair booth, it should be fine in the trailer.
- Selected work will require artist-paid shipping to and from Thoughtful Hands
- If selected, the artist must sign a damage liability waiver.